26 May 2009

From the Rag and Bone Shop of the Heart:
In Defense of the Fourth Amendment

AT APPROXIMATELY 4:59 PM on Saturday, May 23, 2009, Leon Botstein, the President of Bard College, handed me a diploma and congratulated me as I walked across the stage at the College's 149th commencement. With that, I had completed by baccalaureate education, having successfully earned a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in American Studies.

The crowning achievement in my work towards that degree is my Senior Project, "In Defense of the Fourth Amendment: Ensuring U.S. National Security and Protecting the Citizens’ Right to Privacy in a World with International Terrorism." The final product is not all that it could be, but such projects never are. At some point, the author chooses to stop, not because the work is complete, but rather because, for whatever reason, he is satisfied with it. Indeed, while it is far from perfect, I am satisfied with this thesis and welcome you to read it. It is available here.

The thesis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: