07 January 2008

While I don't miss national news coverage in the States,...

...I do miss the sports coverage somewhat. Football (soccer for the non-expats) and cricket highlights don't interest me quite as much as basketball and American football, which do get occasional coverage on CNN International. But I find myself turning to Boston.com more often than not, as the coverage that I'm only really interested in is that of the phenomenal success Boston teams now enjoy. With a 2007 World Series win for the (Red) Sox, a perfect regular season for the Pat(iot)s, and a league-high win-loss record for the C(eltic)s (most recently extended by a 92-85 win over the Pistons, who handed Boston their last loss in mid-December), it's a wonderful time to have even the slightest interest in Boston teams. We'll see in the coming weeks how the the C's fare and if the Pats can pull off an undefeated postseason.

No comments: